- TELK manufactures hermetically sealed, oil impregnated, paper insulated and oil filled outdoor type current transformers up to 400 kV. The winding and insulation of 400 kV current transformers are carried out in humidity controlled, dust free atmosphere.
- TELK started manufacture of current transformers right from 1968 in collaboration with Hitachi Ltd, Japan.
- TELK has supplied more than 20000 CTs (Voltage class 33- 440kV) till now to various state electricity boards/ organizations/utilities
- TELK make current transformers are sturdy and are extremely reliable withproven track record in the grid for over 30 years of excellent service.
Special features of TELK current transformers include
- Design with most modern design software by expert engineering group.
- The production wing is a highly skilled workforce with modern tools.
- Usage of high quality CRGO or mu metals give precise accuracy up to 0.2 class.
- Usage of the best copper and terminal connecters help to keep low the rise in temperature.
- High quality paper insulation, oil and excellent processing methods result in lowest partial discharge.
- Excellent insulation treatment and impregnation with high quality transformer oil keep dielectric loss minimum.
- Complete leakage free current transformer with usage of oil seals placed in grooves at various joints.
- Tanks are specially designed to have the sufficient volume of oil and at the same time to keep the current transformer compact. Protective fade-proof paintings after grit blast keep the tank weather resistant
- Designed to withstand the most severe short circuit currents and surge voltages that might arise in operating conditions.
- Excellent seismic withstand capabilities with dead tank type design.
- All accessories are procured from very reputed and approved vendors only, to ensure the total quality.
- Rugged assembly of coil and insulation to withstand high short circuit forces.
- Secondary leads are brought out through epoxy moulded terminal plate and terminal box is dust and vermin proof conforming to IP55 class protection.’
- To sum up, TELK caters instrument transformers that can meet the complete power system requirements for protection and metering purpose.